28 November 2008

REJECTED!

I thought I might share some of my rejection letters. Did you know that most lit. journals accept 1% of submissions? Crap.

Dear l*** c******d:

We’re sorry we can’t use "gaunt swimmers ransomed," which you submitted to upstreet. We have received a great deal of work by writers who will not be included in the final selection, but certainly deserve to have their voices heard in other publications.

We wish you all the best with your writing; thank you for giving us the opportunity to read it.

The Editors

4 comments:

eliza.e.campbell said...

Those bitches. You should submit a poem that is based on one of their rejection letters.

Marni C. said...

Your work must be read so that it can change the world. M

JT said...

it does feel like entering a lottery. keep sending!

Eva said...

There is no way you won't be accepted sometime soon. You are without a doubt in the top .00001 percent of poets I've ever read.
The security person behind me (I do all of my computer stuff at the public computers in the lobby now) is listening to Luda, which I appreciate.
He know He knows what them girls like.