07 November 2008

Always a Bridesmaid

I was asked to be a bridesmaid again in another book contest--The St. Lawrence Prize notified me today that I was a finalist in their contest. For those of you not in the poetry book contest world, that means that you will get your name on their website and have something to add to your resume, but you will not be getting your book published by them, at least not in this contest cycle. I figured I've submitted to forty or fifty presses, and been finalist three times. But that was all BEFORE I made revisions to the mss. Now that it's perfect, someone's gotta take it.

xo,

L

2 comments:

Eva said...

I can't wait to read the newly revised version when I get home!!!

Marni C. said...

And think of the awesome action you'll get from the best man! (???)
(Isn't that the myth)
Can I please look at the manuscript?
You are the Eliza R. Snow of our generation.