05 January 2009

resolute

By the way, I'm curious about everyone's resolutions, or if you don't make them, how you feel about the whole resolution thing.  I haven't consciously written them down, or even made them yet, but I'm going to try now (by the way, I ALWAYS make resolutions, even when I try not to.)

1)  Lookin' fine in '09--be super hot by the time our next family picture session rolls around.  This will entail weight loss and a lot of shopping.  Plus, I'm getting a few (only a very few, mind you) visible greys--should I dye?
2)  Finish novel.  This is the part I can control, which the number one rule of resolutions.  Only make goals that you can control.  What I really meant was:  "Write best-selling, Edgar-winning mystery novel with five book contract and movie options.  Look hot on book tour."
3) Write food book proposal (see #2 for details).
4) Be a way better mother.  This means not letting Lula and Cecily stay up watching Hannah Montana while I fall asleep reading mystery novels.  Among other things which I will not divulge at this time.

I told you, now you tell me.

6 comments:

Marni C. said...

a la Matthew: Give said the little stream/give oh give, give oh give/give said the little stream as it hurried down the hill./I'm small I know but wherever I go the grass grows greener still./Singing, singing all the day/give away oh give away/singing, singing all the day/give oh give away.

Oh, and lose 20 pounds. Thank you WW online!

The Ricks said...

Mirjam, Janell and I are starting to go to the Thurs. morning WW meeting where you can bring kids. It's not as bad as it sounds. Join us!

The Ricks said...

And also, get rid of the grays. I've been doing it since my 20's and I think a good colorist is the fountain of youth. And grays just won't do on "Lookin' Hot Book Tour 2009."

lara said...

I need the number of your colorist. I just might do the WW thing again, though I've done it so many times I'm rather discouraged. . . . I do think it's the best plan out there, if you can stick to it.

Marni C. said...

WW online--I'm loving it!! I like tracking my points on a computer screen that pops up the point value of the food you type in. I know that C thinks it's scam . . . but it's kinda fun.

Bing said...

Don't dye! I love gray.