15 June 2009

I have to tell you guys...

I just made a beautiful sandwich. It was on that wonderful honeywheat bread that can only be found at Utah Costcos, with raw mozz (also from Costco) and basil from Chao's (Confession: I can't tell the diff between asian and italian basil. At least not when I'm not doing a direct comparison with one right after the other). I grilled some onions and tomatoes with garlic (and by grill I mean sautee with a lot of butter) until they were all melty and then added basil for a second so that it could wilt a little and distributed evenly over the mozz (which I had torn up and put on the bread.) Then I added some avocado and grilled all this (and again by grilled I mean added butter to the pan and then placed over heat) in the remaining juices.
I am not usually one to be moved by sandwiches, but this one was so beautiful I almost cried.


(I made it again with home made french
bread and olive oil instead of butter)


Sexy Close-up

5 comments:

lara said...

dang--she's passing me up in the kitchen!

kendall said...

i knew that had to be eva writing. you and taylor really must cook together this summer. thanks for pulling my weeds. i wish you were here to make me a sandwich. kindra

eliza.e.campbell said...

Bread recipe?

Bing said...

I bet I'd have a boyfriend if I looked like that sandwich.

Luisa said...

That is the sexiest sandwich ever. Nice job, Eva. Looks like you take after your mom. Keep making sandwiches like that and you'll have a boyfriend in no time.